Home » » Ajay Devgn: Meaty Roles Are For The Men

Ajay Devgn: Meaty Roles Are For The Men

Do you think this film will cross the box office collection of 3 idiots? You can't compare the two films. 3 Idiots have done a phenomenal business. I am not even thinking about that. We are just hoping that the film does very well and accepted by the audience and they enjoy it.

Do you have any old Himmatwala memories?Not exactly except as a child I used to go on the sets.

How has been your journey as an entertainer so far?It was very comfortable. The kind of film I did it just happened. When the things just happened then you don't have to really force enough. I think I was lucky enough to get to work with good directors, good scripts at right time, different joiner and most importantly accepted by the audience. You feel happy because most of the actor can't do all genres and every actor wants to do different genre.

Have you played any pranks on Tamanna as you and Sajid are old pals?No, we did not play any pranks on her. Ask her if we did. Sajid and we were old college friends. We know each other very well so we were very comfortable. Sajid is a very funny guy. So he keeps joking around all the time on the sets. When shooting get over you don't come to know.

According to Sajid the entry of yours in the film will be whistle blowing?I hope you guys like it. The entry is really bombastic and very different. It is a very simple entry but you get the feel of heroism in it.
 

What's your take on remakes of old film?Now Bollywood is mature. Once upon a time in Mumbai wasn't a remake. Today's youth have not seen the film which was in 80s. At that time films were more mellow-dramatic, typical brother-sister emotions.

Don't you think that the film will lead to comparison with the original?Not at all. If you will see the film then you will understand that the script is completely different. The idea is same but the script is totally different.

South films are remade. Do you think that lack of ideas leads to remake?Lots of our films are also remade there. No, no, nothing of that sort off. It is happening all over the world. Some stories you like them and you want to tell them again in your way.

Your tiger adverting and tiger in the film... How this two happened at the same time?A: it is a co incidence. In fact tiger is second hero in the film. Later he becomes my friend in the film and there is lot of humour with the tiger and he protects in the end. Just one month back save the tiger people come to me and I did that and in the film we have shown the tiger very positively.

You started your career with such kind of film?Ya, I remind that era and for the change its fun. And I guess audiences will like this change.

All the actors who are doing massy film are in their 40s?Man becomes man in the 40s. For a film like this you should be man. Take Dabangg, Rowdy Rathore... you can't be boy in these. Everything is about maturity and being a man. See Hollywood also. Heroism is like a man.

Do you consider your age for role?Yes of course. If you asked me to do a college romantic role, nobody will come to me neither I will do it. The meaty roles are for the men, not for the kids.

Do you consider box office before doing any movie?Yes I do. Because you reached a point where you have responsibility for being an entertainment. In my 15 years I haven't heard a script which doesn't have a box office appeal.

How difficult was the dance?I just followed Farah and Sajid. Technically I can do anything though I am not a dancer. I don't do practice. I don't do rehearsal.

Since very long time you are doing masala films. What about your intense film fans?Now Satyagrah is coming. I try to balance both types of films. Satyagrah is an intense film but it is commercial film. I will do only commercial film and in that if different genre comes that's fine.

Do you consider Nysa while signing a film?Yes she like my films. No child like crying stuffs. A child likes comedy and lots of fun. And yes I consider her as well while signing any film. Since 2 years I have decided to do a film which I can sit with family and watch. It has to be a family entertainer and a wholesome entertainer. If it is an Ajay Devgn film the audience should not think whether they should take children along or not. There will be action but no blood. Few days back I was watching a film at home with my whole family. I don't want to name the film but it had lot of vulgarity. In due course my father got up and went inside. When the film got over he came back and when I asked why did you go he said 'you will all get uncomfortable'. I don't want that scenario in my films.

Your film will not have vulgarity?No double meaning dialogues. After Rascals I made a statement also that I will never do such films. And film doesn't work on that small clothes, see my SOS where the actresses have worn full clothes and they look beautiful in that. It is not important.
 

Which is your favourite film among yours?Can't say. Some film work some doesn't but you work hard in all.

Do you have any plans of direction again?If I have to direct then I need one and a half year which I don't have. I have lot of projects on hand. Maybe after few years.

You have completed 14 years of marriage? How has been the journey?It is fabulous. We are together and happy. Touchwood. I am very lucky.

Was it difficult to take out time for family?No really. I work 10-6. I don't work on Sunday. And I don't party as well so I spend lot of time with my kids.

In a recent press conference Kajol said she is better actor in the industry?She said it takes actor and actresses to grow. The new actors who have come they are good enough they need time to grow.

How you see Kajol as an actor?I think she is the best actor we have in the country without being biased.

Everyone is waiting for her coming back?She has heard lot of scripts. But she is looking for something which will satisfy her completely.

UTV and Balaji have a theatre issue. What is your take?I don't know how much it is true. If it is true then I am against it. My support is for the system. If such thing happening then I don't think I will support. It is the corporate so we can't take call. Last time it was Salman. He is my friend but he couldn't do anything.

Do these things affect friendship?No not all. Salman and me we know it got nothing to do with us but with the corporate. I am not fighting against any actor or production house I am fighting against the system. And that is why there is a competition regulators commission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Venus Net | Pagak City
Copyright © 2013. American Booty - All Rights Reserved